COUNTY VENTURA ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE
Dear Parade Participant:
We appreciate your community spirit by entering the parade. Please read the rules and regulations before checking in. Please arrive between 8 & 9 AM. This will assure you plenty of time to get in line at the proper spot and add the finishing touches to your entry. This also allows the judges some time to get a closer look.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
ASSEMBLY: Begins at 8:00 am at the Cabrillo Middle School parking lot at the end of Meta Street (Google 1293 Meta St. Ventura, 93001)
Enter the assembly area via Meta St. and check in with Parade Officials to receive your numbered armband. This is the only authorized “check-in” point for entries.
After checking in, as outlined above, proceed immediately to your assigned position in the location corresponding to your assigned number as directed by Parade Marshall.
Equestrian units will remain in their check-in area until called forward by the Parade Marshals. Tractor/trailer and similar units should maintain a position as directed (after checking in) until called forward by the Parade Marshals. This is an effort to minimize congestion in the assembly area and enable us to position entries in the parade without undue delay in our schedule.
PARADE BEGINS AT 10:00 AM: (SHARP) moving from the Cabrillo MS parking lot, then east ¼ block to Main, then LEFT towards downtown. The reviewing stand is at the corner of Main and Ash across from Reardon Funeral Home. Dispersal will be a left turn on Fir Street toward Plaza Park, across from the Post Office. Equestrian groups should continue down Fir, then a left on Santa Clara to find their trailers parked off Meta Street at Cabrillo MS.
REVIEWING STAND PERFORMANCES: Maximum time is 1 1/2 minutes, but please understand you may be asked to move on if you exceed this time. The Parade must move forward to be a good quality entertainment experience for all our spectators.
PARKING: Passenger vehicles and others cannot park in the assembly area. Vehicles will be allowed to unload at Meta St. and Crimea St. outside the assembly area but must then be moved to the other areas of the parade route where parking is permitted.
Awards are to be presented at the reviewing stand 30 minutes after the parade.
Please join us for Irish music as you wait for the winners to be announced!
- Mounted riders must be costumed.
- Single-mounted entries, unless silver, will be grouped in units of four.
- All youth entries must be accompanied by an adult advisor. Dispersal of youth groups will be a left-hand turn on Fir St. towards Santa Clara St. Parents should locate themselves in this area for after-parade pick up of their children.
- Forward motion of all entries, including bands, must be maintained.
- NOCANDY, GUM, SOUVENIRS, ETC. MAY BE THROWN FROM PARADE ENTRIES TO SPECTATORS. It is a safety hazard when children run into the parade “line of march” to pick up something thrown to them.
- Stay close to the entry ahead of you. Lengthy gaps in the parade line cause spectators to lose interest. Unusual delays by an entry will be cause for disqualification.
- Follow directions of uniformed Elks Lodge Parade Officials.
- Numbered armbands must be worn on the left-hand side of the entry and be displayed in aplace visible to the judges and the parade announcer.
- Winners will be announced 30 minutes after the parade and a list will be posted on the website 72 hours after the parade. Parade trophies can be picked up by the winners before 1 PM at the reviewing stand or make arraignments to pick up at a later date by contacting Brian Brennan at 805-746-5999.
Signature – Accepting the legal agreement above
INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS, ORGANIZATIONS, AND/OR COMMUNITY GROUPS AS A PART OF THE VENTURA COUNTY ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT
Participant agrees, as an express condition of CITY’s issuing the Ventura County St. Patrick’s Day Parade Special Events Permit requested by Downtown Ventura Organization and Ventura Elks Lodge #1430, that Participant shall indemnify, defend (at CITY’s request and with counsel satisfactory to CITY), and hold CITY harmless from and against any claim, action, damages, costs (including without limitations, attorney’s fees), injuries, or liability, arising out of or relating to any negligent act, negligent omission, or wrongful conduct related in any way to Participant’s participation in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, including the negligent actions, negligent omissions, or wrongful conduct of its vendors and contractors. In the event CITY determines that it is necessary to take legal action to enforce any of the provisions of these conditions, and such legal action is taken, the Participant shall be required to pay any and all costs of such legal action, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred by CITY, even if the matter is not prosecuted to a final judgment or is amicably resolved, unless the party or parties incurring the attorney fees should otherwise agree with Participant to waive said fees and/or costs or any part thereof. The foregoing shall not apply if the Participant prevails on every issue in the enforcement proceeding. For purposes of this section “CITY” includes the City of San Buenaventura’s officers, officials, employees, agents, representatives, and certified volunteers.
PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND AGREEMENT
I, the authorized representative for the below NAME OF INDIVIDUAL, ORGANIZATION, AND/OR COMMUNITY GROUP
do hereby acknowledge that I have read the terms and conditions of this agreement; that the terms and conditions are acceptable, that I have the legal authority to bind Participant to the terms hereof, and Participant agrees to abide by, comply with, and accept full and complete responsibility, therefore.
Authorized Representative Signature:
Fire Truck (Fire Truck)
Colorful Description (500 characters or less)
Name of Entry
Years of Participation
Overall length (feet)
Type of Vehicle(s)
How Many Vehicles ( Max 12 – Add’l Registration Req’d)
Number in Group
Contact person on parade day
1689 MORSE AVE.